4 Tips for Healthy Bones and Teeth
We all know that getting enough calcium helps us to build strong bones. Milk and dairy products are considered to be the best source of calcium. Here are 4 tips for having healthy teeth and strong bones:
1. Substitute dairy products with non-dairy sources of calcium
High intake of dairy products increases the risk of prostate and colon cancer. Try not to consume more than two servings of dairy products per day. Experiment with some non-dairy alternatives, also rich in calcium, such as leafy vegetables, broccoli, orange juice, soy milk and tofu.
2. Control your Vitamin A intake
High levels of Vitamin A may weaken bones, so don’t go overboard with fortified milks, energy bars and cereals. Beta-Carotene is a good substitute for Vitamin A – one that doesn’t harm bones.
3. Make sure you get enough Vitamin D
Vitamin D boosts bone health. If you live in a northern country or have little sun exposure, you should definitely consider taking extra supplements to meet your daily needs.
4. Stay Active
Strong bones need to be used regularly. Try focusing on weight-bearing exercises such as walking and jogging.
Want to transform yourself into a healthier, happier person? Discover the life-changing power of nutrition.
Take a moment to imagine yourself being in full control of your health and wellbeing:
- You easily reach and maintain (without starving) a healthy weight because your metabolism is functioning at its optimal level.
- You no longer feel like being run over by a truck - your supercharged thriving body is in excellent shape and your mood, energy and performance are steady throughout the day.
- You know exactly what to change in your diet and lifestyle in order to beat daily stress and anxiety, and sleep more soundly each night.
- You have access to insider secrets that help you keep a healthy low carb diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals known to control blood sugar fluctuations.
- You daily menu is rich in highly nutritious foods that provide omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and vitamin C - all needed to keep your bad cholesterol and triglycerides in check.
- You are in control of your blood pressure thanks to tools that help you track sodium, potassium and other nutrients known to promote better blood circulation