Baked Lemon Herb Salmon Recipe
Rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs) like omega-3 and omega-6, salmon is a healthy skin superstar. EFAs reduce inflammation in the body. According to Nicholas Perricone, a dermatologist and author of The Perricone Prescription “Inflammation triggers the cells to clog the pore, causing acne,” and “It also leads to wrinkles down the line.” The carotenoid anti-oxidants of astaxanthin found in salmon can greatly reduce the effects of free radical damage which causes aging.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dry sage leaves
- 1 (tablespoon) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
- Prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley.
- Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal.
- Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
Serves: 2; Serving Size: 1 piece; Per serving: Calories: 613; Calories from Fat: 467; Total Fat: 51.9 g; Saturated Fat: 8.1 g; Protein: 36.3 g; Total Carbohydrates: 2.9 g; Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g; Cholesterol: 75 mg; Sodium: 1235 mg; Sugars: 0.2 g; Vitamin A – IU: 370; Vitamin C: 9 mg; Calcium: 89 mg; Iron: 2 mg; Potassium: 665 mg; Thiamin: < 1 mg; Niacin Equivalents: 17 mg; Vitamin B6: < 1 mg; Magnesium: 53 mg; Folate: 18 mcg.
Want to transform yourself into a healthier, happier person? Discover the life-changing power of nutrition.
Take a moment to imagine yourself being in full control of your health and wellbeing:
- You easily reach and maintain (without starving) a healthy weight because your metabolism is functioning at its optimal level.
- You no longer feel like being run over by a truck - your supercharged thriving body is in excellent shape and your mood, energy and performance are steady throughout the day.
- You know exactly what to change in your diet and lifestyle in order to beat daily stress and anxiety, and sleep more soundly each night.
- You have access to insider secrets that help you keep a healthy low carb diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals known to control blood sugar fluctuations.
- You daily menu is rich in highly nutritious foods that provide omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and vitamin C - all needed to keep your bad cholesterol and triglycerides in check.
- You are in control of your blood pressure thanks to tools that help you track sodium, potassium and other nutrients known to promote better blood circulation