Chicken Balsamico Recipe
Chicken is one of the most popular protein foods in the world. Chicken breast is a great source of vitamin B6, Selenium and Phosphorus. Vitamin B6 reduces the risk of heart attack and can help cure depression. Selenium is a powerful heart health booster and helps the regulation of hormones in the body. Phosphorus plays a vital part in the body growth process and helps provide effective digestion.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the chicken breasts in a medium glass baking dish.
- Pour 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar over the breasts; season with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook 20 minutes; flip the chicken; reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake another 20 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Drizzle the reduced balsamic vinegar over the chicken to serve.
Serves: 2; Serving Size: 1 piece; Per serving: Calories: 376; Calories from Fat: 79; Total Fat: 8.9 g; Saturated Fat: 1.1 g; Protein: 28.9 g; Total Carbohydrates: 44.0 g; Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g; Cholesterol: 64 mg; Sodium: 164 mg; Sugars: 22.1 g; Vitamin A – IU: 18468; Vitamin C: 5 mg; Calcium: 91 mg; Iron: 3 mg; Potassium: 837 mg; Thiamin: < 1 mg; Niacin Equivalents: 19 mg; Vitamin B6: 0.9 mg (45% DV); Selenium: 30 mcg (43% DV); Phosphorus: 280 mg (28% DV); Magnesium: 63 mg; Folate: 18 mcg.
Want to transform yourself into a healthier, happier person? Discover the life-changing power of nutrition.
Take a moment to imagine yourself being in full control of your health and wellbeing:
- You easily reach and maintain (without starving) a healthy weight because your metabolism is functioning at its optimal level.
- You no longer feel like being run over by a truck - your supercharged thriving body is in excellent shape and your mood, energy and performance are steady throughout the day.
- You know exactly what to change in your diet and lifestyle in order to beat daily stress and anxiety, and sleep more soundly each night.
- You have access to insider secrets that help you keep a healthy low carb diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals known to control blood sugar fluctuations.
- You daily menu is rich in highly nutritious foods that provide omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and vitamin C - all needed to keep your bad cholesterol and triglycerides in check.
- You are in control of your blood pressure thanks to tools that help you track sodium, potassium and other nutrients known to promote better blood circulation