Crispy Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
Chicken has nutrients that have a calming effect on your body and are great for reducing stress – tryptophan, Vitamin B6 and B5. Rosemary contains Carnosol and Carnosic acid – two powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that have been linked to reducing inflammation of muscles, blood vessels, and joints.
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- 6 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken and potatoes into a large bowl. Pour olive oil over them, and stir to coat.
- Place the chicken and potato pieces in a large baking dish, or cookie sheet with sides. Sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, uncovered. Baste during the last 15 minutes for extra crispness.
Serves: 6; Serving Size: 1 serving; Per serving: Calories: 490; Calories from Fat: 280; Total Fat: 30.1 g; Saturated Fat: 5.2 g; Protein: 20.9 g; Total Carbohydrates: 26.6 g; Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g; Cholesterol: 72 mg; Sodium: 67 mg; Sugars: 1.2 g; Vitamin A – IU: 169; Vitamin C: 13 mg; Calcium: 27 mg; Iron: 2 mg; Potassium: 961 mg; Thiamin: < 1 mg; Niacin Equivalents: 11 mg; Vitamin B6: 0.5 mg (21% DV); Magnesium: 53 mg; Folate: 32 mcg
Want to transform yourself into a healthier, happier person? Discover the life-changing power of nutrition.
Take a moment to imagine yourself being in full control of your health and wellbeing:
- You easily reach and maintain (without starving) a healthy weight because your metabolism is functioning at its optimal level.
- You no longer feel like being run over by a truck - your supercharged thriving body is in excellent shape and your mood, energy and performance are steady throughout the day.
- You know exactly what to change in your diet and lifestyle in order to beat daily stress and anxiety, and sleep more soundly each night.
- You have access to insider secrets that help you keep a healthy low carb diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals known to control blood sugar fluctuations.
- You daily menu is rich in highly nutritious foods that provide omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and vitamin C - all needed to keep your bad cholesterol and triglycerides in check.
- You are in control of your blood pressure thanks to tools that help you track sodium, potassium and other nutrients known to promote better blood circulation