Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup Recipe
Both red peppers and tomatoes are well known for improving skin health. Red peppers are very rich in vitamin C — which is associated with better skin-aging appearance. Tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, a skin healthy antioxidant that becomes concentrated and even more powerful with cooking. A study conducted by the Department of Dermatology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, examined topically-applied lycopene’s ability to defend against the harmful effects of UVB radiation. It was found that topical application of lycopene suppressed the typical UVB-induced activity of an enzyme called ornithine decarboxylase and it was able to offer significant protection to the cellular DNA.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato juice (such as Mott’s®)
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pour the tomato soup and the water in a large sauce pot.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato juice, garlic, cayenne, rosemary, thyme, oregano, chives, basil, and paprika.
- Simmer soup for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and red peppers.
- Simmer until peppers are soft, about 10 minutes.
Serves: 4; Serving Size: 1 serving; Per serving: Calories: 126; Calories from Fat: 20; Total Fat: 2.5 g; Saturated Fat: 0.6 g; Protein: 3.7 g; Total Carbohydrates: 24.9 g; Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 996 mg; Sugars: 13.7 g; Vitamin A – IU: 2244; Vitamin C: 117 mg; Calcium: 59 mg; Iron: 4 mg; Potassium: 589 mg; Thiamin: < 1 mg; Niacin Equivalents: 3 mg; Vitamin B6: < 1 mg; Magnesium: 30 mg; Folate: 45 mcg.
Want to transform yourself into a healthier, happier person? Discover the life-changing power of nutrition.
Take a moment to imagine yourself being in full control of your health and wellbeing:
- You easily reach and maintain (without starving) a healthy weight because your metabolism is functioning at its optimal level.
- You no longer feel like being run over by a truck - your supercharged thriving body is in excellent shape and your mood, energy and performance are steady throughout the day.
- You know exactly what to change in your diet and lifestyle in order to beat daily stress and anxiety, and sleep more soundly each night.
- You have access to insider secrets that help you keep a healthy low carb diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals known to control blood sugar fluctuations.
- You daily menu is rich in highly nutritious foods that provide omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and vitamin C - all needed to keep your bad cholesterol and triglycerides in check.
- You are in control of your blood pressure thanks to tools that help you track sodium, potassium and other nutrients known to promote better blood circulation