Spaghetti with Tuna Recipe
This classic, Italian dish is super easy to prepare. The health benefits of tuna – this incredibly versatile fish – are many. Perhaps the most common health benefit that is attributed to tuna fish is its significant impact on heart health. It has very high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to reduce omega-6 fatty acids and cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels.
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot cook spaghetti pasta with a teaspoon of oil in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, leaving pasta moist.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat saute the onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft and tender, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the tuna and let it cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta, and continue stirring. Turn burner to high heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Place the pasta in large serving bowl and toss with the fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Serves: 8; Serving Size: 1 serving; Per serving: Calories: 319; Calories from Fat: 79; Total Fat: 8.0 g; Saturated Fat: 0.9 g; Protein: 17.3 g; Total Carbohydrates: 40.3 g; Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g; Cholesterol: 15 mg; Sodium: 40 mg; Sugars: 0.3 g; Vitamin A – IU: 185; Vitamin C: 3 mg; Calcium: 33 mg; Iron: 4 mg; Potassium: 166 mg; Thiamin: < 1 mg; Niacin Equivalents: 9 mg; Vitamin B6: <1 mg; Magnesium: 38 mg; Folate: 103 mcg.
Want to transform yourself into a healthier, happier person? Discover the life-changing power of nutrition.
Take a moment to imagine yourself being in full control of your health and wellbeing:
- You easily reach and maintain (without starving) a healthy weight because your metabolism is functioning at its optimal level.
- You no longer feel like being run over by a truck - your supercharged thriving body is in excellent shape and your mood, energy and performance are steady throughout the day.
- You know exactly what to change in your diet and lifestyle in order to beat daily stress and anxiety, and sleep more soundly each night.
- You have access to insider secrets that help you keep a healthy low carb diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals known to control blood sugar fluctuations.
- You daily menu is rich in highly nutritious foods that provide omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and vitamin C - all needed to keep your bad cholesterol and triglycerides in check.
- You are in control of your blood pressure thanks to tools that help you track sodium, potassium and other nutrients known to promote better blood circulation