Top Health Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea is made from the leaves of Camelia sinensis plant. The tea has been used in traditional Chinese and Indian medicine for centuries and it is considered to be the healthiest beverage, due to its high content of polyphenols and antioxidants. Here are some of the health benefits of drinking green tea.
1. Cancer fighting
According to National Cancer Institute, the polyphenols in green tea decrease tumor growth and prevent several types of cancer, such as lung, prostate, and breast cancer. In Japan, where green tea consumption is high, prostate and breast cancer rates are about three times lower when compared with the United States, according to the World Health Organization.
2. Heart health
Studies have shown that catechins in green tea lower the “bad cholesterol” (also called LDL) and increase the amount of good cholesterol – HDL. Drinking at least one cup of green tea a day lowers the risk of a heart attack. A study of 40,530 Japanese adults found that participants who drank more than five cups of green tea a day had a 26% lower risk of death from heart attack or stroke. Another study found that green tea does widen the artery which runs from the shoulder to the elbow by 4 per cent within 30 minutes – reducing the risk of blood clots.
3. Type 2 Diabetes prevention
Various studies have shown the beneficial effects of green tea, not only on cardiovascular diseases but also on obesity and type 2 diabetes itself. Drinking green tea may lower the risk of developing Diabetes type 2 by keeping blood sugar levels stable. In a study performed in Japan, a 33% risk reduction of developing type 2 diabetes was found in subjects consuming six or more cups of green tea daily compared to those consuming less than 1 cup per week.
4. Weight loss
Swapping sugary drinks with green tea may increase body metabolism. Catechins in green tea boost the process of burning calories.
Want to transform yourself into a healthier, happier person? Discover the life-changing power of nutrition.
Take a moment to imagine yourself being in full control of your health and wellbeing:
- You easily reach and maintain (without starving) a healthy weight because your metabolism is functioning at its optimal level.
- You no longer feel like being run over by a truck - your supercharged thriving body is in excellent shape and your mood, energy and performance are steady throughout the day.
- You know exactly what to change in your diet and lifestyle in order to beat daily stress and anxiety, and sleep more soundly each night.
- You have access to insider secrets that help you keep a healthy low carb diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals known to control blood sugar fluctuations.
- You daily menu is rich in highly nutritious foods that provide omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and vitamin C - all needed to keep your bad cholesterol and triglycerides in check.
- You are in control of your blood pressure thanks to tools that help you track sodium, potassium and other nutrients known to promote better blood circulation